Did you know that almost two-thirds of home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms? That is why Martin and Helms partnered with WAAY 31 News to help keep you safe.
In October, we gave away 131 smoke alarms through a promotion with WAAY-TV. 31 smoke alarms were given away through an on-line contest on waaytv.com. Then, 100 were given away from WAAY’s news set, located at Bridge Street in Huntsville.
Fire safety is very important to us. We have worked with so many home fire victims and have seen the pain and damage that can happen because of the lack of a working smoke alarm. So, here are some tips for you to use in your home.
Smoke Alarm Installation Tips
- Install one on every level, including the basement
- Install one outside every sleeping area
- Mount high on walls or ceiling
- Don’t mount near windows, doors and air ducts
- Don’t paint over an alarm
And, for more fire safety tips, log onto http://www.firesafety.gov/.