Co-Founder / Personal Injury Attorney
I am a co-founder of Martin & Helms, P.C., in Huntsville, Alabama. Born and raised in Decatur, Alabama, I obtained my undergraduate degree in finance at the University of Alabama in 1992 and graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1995. While in law school, I was selected to the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society.
Since 1995, I have concentrated my practice on representing individuals and the families of individuals who have been harmed or injured as a result of the wrongful acts of others. While practicing in both state and federal courts throughout the country, I have litigated cases involving issues of products liability, tractor-trailer and automobile collisions, dangerous roadways, mass torts, fires and explosions, business disputes, as well as defective pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices and household products.
My goal is to represent and fight for my clients with the same level of skill, determination and advocacy that I would want for my family if something happened to me and they needed a lawyer. I am dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for my clients and, as a result, have won millions of dollars for individuals who have been injured.
Professional and Community Service
- Board of Bar Commissioners for Alabama State Bar
- Past President and current Executive Committee Member for Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- Past President and current member of the Board of Directors for United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville and the Tennessee Valley
- Past Board Governor, Past State Delegate, and current member of the American Association for Justice
- Sustaining Member and Past Executive Committee Member for the Alabama Association for Justice
- Past Chair of the American For Justice’s Oral Sodium Phosphate Litigation Group
- Past Member of the Madison County Judicial Commission
- Past President of the Madison County Inns of Court
- Super Lawyers, 2012-2022
- AV Rated with Martindale-Hubbell, 2009 – Present
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Alabama Law Foundation
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum, Class of 2007
- Huntsville – Madison County Bar Association Community Service Award, 2009
- Best Lawyers, 2017-2023
- Lawyer of the Year, Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, Huntsville (2023)
- Lawyer of the Year, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Huntsville (2022)
- Lawyer of the Year, Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, Huntsville (2021)
- Best Law Firms by U.S. News & World Report